Sunday 1 July 2012

Identity

Identity, we all have one and we all wish for it to be portrayed in a certain way.

We are all very similar in so many ways; ranging from feeling emotions such as empathy towards others, happiness and other incredible sensations that are sometimes bad, but also can be a sensation so stong that you simply can not use any language to describe such feelings.

We also pretty much having the same physical features whether you find yourself to be of a different ethnic origin to one and another, coming in different shapes and sizes, we are all human beings....unless if you're a bloody intelligent cat with the ability to read and comprehend this post, and a pair of hands to access your owners laptop then yes, we are all human.

These are the basics to being a standard Human being, which means we currently seem to be skulling in the shallow end of the pool. There is a lot more towards being a human being that meet the eye, and someones Identity is a massive part, well the biggest part.

Identity is who you are, what you have experienced, how you wish to be shown, and every little bit in between. I'll use myself as an example, and analyse my facebook page as it currently stands.


As you can see, my page is divided up into many different segments. I have a cover photo, which I have chosen to give myself a certain image and also because it's something that personally I enjoy to look at.

I have a display photograph which isn't actually a photograph of me but is a photograph of my favorite guitarist Albert Hammond Jr from The Strokes. I have chosen this image to represent my facebook page as it represents how I work and how I feel. The image is of a young, modern cool guy in a rock 'n' roll band which is something I look up to. He is part of a movement that I could only dream of being part of, and represents a large period of time of my life which I have listened to his band The Strokes.

On the right there is a chat bar which allows me to communicate directly with my facebook friends, which I have all met through many different experieces of my life, whether it be trravelling from the age of 16, through school, as a child or at University, I share an experience with each of these people, which has formed the person whom is currently posting this blog right now.

Maybe using my facebook was the wrong way of showing identity, but It definatly proves that each of us are different as similar to eachother as we may be, everyones facebook page is different, just as there finger prints are.

No comments:

Post a Comment